All of the featured writing in the Economist’s year-end issue is worth reading. These articles stood out for me for one reason or another.
- Our tower: The Economist bids farewell to a formative home
- Prison tattoos: A statistical analysis of the art on convicts’ bodies
- Postcard from Dandong: Politics and pity on the border of China and North Korea
- India Pale Ales: A history of the authentically global beer
- It’s a-me!: How Super Mario became a global cultural icon
- Gay bars: Gay bars are under threat but not from the obvious attackers
- Silence: The power and meaning of silence