Check it out:
And while I have you, here are some random thoughts about the upcoming race:
- All the Astana drama aside, I still have to pick Alberto Contador for the victory. He’s just that good. As far as I’m concerned, Astana would have to fall apart completely for anyone other than Contador to wear the yellow jersey in Paris.
The rest of my podium? Pick two:
Honestly? I just can’t whittle it down to 2. There are just too many variables.
I wonder what the odds are for an all Astana podium?
- As I mentioned in the video, Cavendish vs. Boonen is going to be fun. There’s always a lot of mayhem in the individual sprints, but the overall battle for the Green Jersey is always an interesting drama and the Cav/Boonen dynamic should make it more fun than normal. Cav is a great personality and the redemption story for Boonen is huge. Should be great to see.
My money is on the Manx Missile
- Ventoux. The best stage of the year. easily. Putting the giant of Provence on the second-to-last day is insane from a competitive perspective (people could take minutes out of each other on that day) and having a carrot like that for Armstrong (who has “unfinished business” on the mountain) makes it that much cooler..
I can’t wait.
- Can we please have no big doping stories?
- The Internet will be my enemy for the next three weeks. I’ll be desperate toa void spoilers, so I’ll be ignoring the net whenever possible.
Tough, that, considering what I do for a living 🙂
Let’s get this thing started.